Compensation for Community Employment Specialist:
- $12.25/hour starting wage, BOE
- Full-time employees eligible for company paid benefits Health, Vision and Dental after 60 days.
- Opportunity to participate in Vacation Pay, Simple IRA and Life Insurance after a year.
- Opportunity to participate in AFLAC cafeteria plan.
- Mileage and drive time reimbursement
- Shift Differential on Weekends and M-F after 6 pm
Duties for Community Employment Specialist:
- Utilize positive verbal and social supports to help teach customers with developmental disabilities to learn a variety of skills to gain competitive community employment.
- Responsible for completing daily documentation of new skill progress and monitoring customer’s job performance while assisting them in becoming independent in their position.
- Develop good nature supports with our customers and their coworkers and assist with facilitating communication with employers and the general public, as needed.
- Maintain a professional working relationship with supervisors and/or management to provide open communication between agencies.
- Troubleshoot any issues on the job site with a customer and/or supervisor.
- Responsible for accurately completing monthly reports.
- Maintain a flexible and dynamic schedule that may changes frequently, with assistance from the scheduling department at SES, Inc.
Fulfill one or more of the following qualifying experiences:
- 1-year working with individuals who experience disabilities preferably in community-based vocational settings OR
- 6-months prior experience working as a Job Coach
- Possess valid Oregon Driver’s License and reliable transportation is necessary to travel between various job sites several times per day.
Qualifications for Community Employment Specialist:
- Must pass a pre-employment criminal history check
- Know that a DMV record is needed for driving with our customers, at no cost to you
- Auto Insurance premium may need to be adjusted to meet SES, Inc. requirements
- Complete employer paid First Aid/CPR certification.
- A genuine concern for the health, safety, and independence of the customers served.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to problem solve and work independently.
- The ability to meet the physical and mental demands of a variety of competitive community employment sites.
- Bi-lingual Spanish speakers are encouraged to apply, but it is not required
- Candidates holding current OIS Certification are preferred, but training will be offered if needed.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer