Supported Employment Services, Inc. (SES) has full and part-time opportunities. Expand your skills while helping our fun, eager to work customers with developmental disabilities in integrated community-based settings.
About SES, Inc.
Since 1991, SES, Inc. has had the vision that all people, regardless of their abilities, can participate fully in their communities and enjoy all of the variety and richness that life has to offer. Our mission is to secure paid jobs, teach life skills, and facilitate independence for people with disabilities and interdependence with their communities.
Duties for Community Employment Specialist (see video here):
- Utilize positive verbal and social supports to help teach customers with developmental disabilities to learn a variety of skill to gain competitive community employment.
- Responsible for completing daily documentation of new skill progress and monitoring customer’s job performance while assisting them in becoming independent in their position.
- Develop good nature supports with our customers and their coworkers and assist with facilitating communication with employers and the general public, as needed.
- Maintain a professional working relationship with supervisors and/or management to provide open communication between agencies.
- Troubleshoot any issues on the job site with the customer and/or supervisor.
- Responsible for accurately completing monthly reports.
- Maintain a flexible and dynamic schedule that may changes frequently, with assistance from the scheduling department at SES, Inc.
Fulfill one or more of the following qualifying experiences:
- 1-year working with individuals who experience disabilities preferably in community-based vocational settings OR
- 6-months prior experience working as a Job Coach OR
- BA/BS in Rehabilitation Counseling, Special Education, Psychology, or a related field.
- Possess valid Oregon Driver’s License and reliable transportation is necessary to travel between various job sites several times per day.
Qualifications for Community Employment Specialist:
- Must pass a pre-employment criminal history check
- Know that a DMV record is needed for driving with our customers, at no cost to you
- Auto Insurance premium may need to be adjusted to meet SES, Inc. requirements
- Complete employer paid First Aid/CPR certification.
- A genuine concern for the health, safety, and independence of the customers served.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to problem solve and work independently.
- The ability to meet the physical and mental demands of a variety of competitive community employment sites.
- Bi-lingual Spanish speakers are encouraged to apply, but it is not required
- Candidates holding current OIS Certification are preferred, but training will be offered if needed.
Compensation for Community Employment Specialist:
- $11.75/hour starting wage, DOE
- Full-time employees eligible for company paid benefits Health and Dental after 60 days.
- Opportunity to participate in Simple IRA and Life Insurance.
- Opportunity to participate in AFLAC cafeteria plan.
- Mileage reimbursement.
Please visit our office to obtain an employment application between the hours of 9 am – 5 pm Monday-Friday at:
Supported Employment Services
711 Country Club Rd. Suite 1A
Eugene, OR 97401
Your resume may be submitted by email to:
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer